IT'S ALL ABOUT SMILING AND ATTITUDE

Follow me on Twitter @garybiking

A good friend of mine, John C. says

"as he always says, every amount, no matter how small or huge is important for cancer research. What an attitude!"

JONES' JOURNEY LAUNCH to be held on Friday, JUNE 5, 2015, 12 to 2 p.m. at Grand Parade Square - See you there!


QE2 Website to donate on line

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE A DONATION!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

DAY 13 - REGINA

Dad arrived in Morse last evening.  He called me from the Morse Cafe and he says a BIG SPECIAL THANK YOU to Dave and Linda Fairfield who had let him use their phone, check out the blog, and for their amazing kindness.

Today is a big day for dad.  He is off to Regina which is approximately 108 miles of cycling today.  The weather for the next few days in Saskatchewan is cloudy with showers.  We all know that their definition of showers is different than ours so the next few days could be rides in the rain.  There are not that many towns in Saskatchewan so the next three days are big rides to get to his destinations.  Regina to Whitewood  is another 110 miles and then Whitewood to Brandon is approximately 117 miles.

This is a picture of the railway tracks that run through Morse and stretch as far as the eye can see.

4 comments:

  1. I am a 40 yr old single mom from Regina and I just finished my radiation treatment in April for thyroid cancer. I never thought I would be needing surgeries and treatment for cancer at 40 years old as I am a very healthy person. It really sent my whole family for a loop! Thank you so much for raising funds and awareness across Canada. I did not know thyroid cancer was so common until I was a lucky recipient! Ha ha. My sister sent me this blog last night and I will be tracking your progress. Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gary, when you read comments like the above it really drives home your point. I have long admired your teanacity for doing things for others and never doubted you will complete this journey, but this makes my support even deeper. Go carefully, go strongly and we all look forward to seeing you home. God be with you buddy.

    Cecil sends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary looks like your trip is going great I'm checking in on your blog on a daily bases it is really impressive. Makes barring steel off the truck seem easy. Hammer down. Keep smiling.

    Ed Luedee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary, My heart is with you with pride and joy... you can do it buddy... WE know you can. Love to you and missing you... ride safe dear friend... From the Timberlea Shire

    ReplyDelete