IT'S ALL ABOUT SMILING AND ATTITUDE

Follow me on Twitter @garybiking

A good friend of mine, John C. says

"as he always says, every amount, no matter how small or huge is important for cancer research. What an attitude!"

JONES' JOURNEY LAUNCH to be held on Friday, JUNE 5, 2015, 12 to 2 p.m. at Grand Parade Square - See you there!


QE2 Website to donate on line

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE A DONATION!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DAY 39 - ST. PASCAL TO EDMUNDSTON

"What a beautiful ride!"  Dad cycled along the river into St. Pascal yesterday.  It was absolutely breathtaking dad said.

I want to share an email I received from Russel Metals Ottawa in response to my thank you for hosting dad.  It is not the first thank you I have received in response to a "thank you" email, but it again shows the impact dad has on his hosts as well as the impact the hosts have on dad.

Hi Christina,

It is us that should be saying 'Thank You'. In fact the first thing your dad did when he arrived was to apologize for getting here so late! Imagine, biking across Canada and apologizing for arriving a little late - just speaks to his character. We had the easy part!

Your dad was very gracious, he did say thank you many times. He said he had no problem knowing where to go (because of the butterflies) and was very kind in allowing us to take lots of pictures. He presented my 6 year old daughter with one of his butterflies, and it is something that she will have forever. On the car ride home, my 10 year-old son said, 'pretty neat eh dad, meeting a Real Hero'. Well that pretty well sums up the way we all feel about your dad.

I sincerely hope that the little gathering we had in honour of your dad's arrival put a little wind at his back for the homestretch of his journey.

Love you Dad!  You have always been a hero to me!

1 comment:

  1. Gary my love:
    Good to hear you voice yesterday for a few minutes. Glad the weather was on your side and that you had a beautiful day for biking and getting more tanned I see. I enjoy seeing the pictures of you. We are enjoying sunshine here today. (Tuesday June 22). I am baking a blueberry today, sorry you are going to miss having a slice or the whole pie.(Ha Ha)
    Love you and enjoy your ride to Edmundston.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete